Feed Your Soul - FEED IT!
The vision for Feed Your Soul is to engage as many people as possible in Biblical/devotional activities that lead to transformational life-change by the power of the Holy Spirit as they abide in the Vine! These are the courses for Spring 2018. If you want to get started, contact the HCL Office and we'll provide you with the resources as needed, FOR FREE:
- Hearing the Word (5 chapters per day) - faith comes by hearing the Word and there's no better way than to tune into Max MacLean's sensational reading of Scriptures every morning.Hear the Word here.
- The audio sermons of Charles Spurgeon (1 per week) - Charles Spurgeon is called "The Prince of Preachers" and for good reason. By time he passed away at age 57, he left behind over 4000 sermons that endure as the finest sermons ever preached. Hear them broadcast again with great skill and enormous passion by Tod Magstadt: Listen here.
- The daily reading of the Psalms (5 per day) - The Book of Psalms is one of the most popular books in the Bible because it covers so many different topics on Christian living. Jesus addressed His Father with words from the Psalms. Martin Luther noted that "the entire Bible is contained in the Psalms." The Psalms put our longings and groanings into words with hymns, pleadings, sorrows, penitence, petition and thanksgiving. Come taste and see!
- Communio Sanctorum (3 podcasts per week) - each podcast is a 15 minute lecture taking you from the Day of Pentecost when the church was formed through all the centuries that ensued, with the good, the bad and the ugly. This is a popular and non-academic review of church history. You'll love it! Listen to podcasts.
- The Briefing, with Albert Mohler - Click here www.albertmohler.com/the-briefing/ to get started.
- "Suffering Is Not For Nothing" with Elisabeth Eliot. - Here are the steps to get started:
- Click on https://connect.ligonier.org/library/
- Look at top right corner, click on "Sign In"
- Email Address is firstname.lastname@example.org; password is fhV9MN, click "sign-in"
- Click on "start course"
- Daily Audio Bible - Start by clicking here: dailyaudiobible.com/
- "The Godly Man's Picture" by Thomas Watson - Here's the link: www.digitalpuritan.net
- The Dunamis Project (meets weekly) - Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would energize our faith and that the dynamic power of God would be at work in ordinary lives, enabling us to live like Him. The Dunamis Project will help people experience and live in the reality of this promise. It provides a unique combination of systematic teaching, active participation, inspired worship, dynamic prayer and intentional debriefing, all focused on nurturing participants' understanding and experience.
- Women Encouraging Women (meets weekly) - join with other women who are learning to "Manage Their Moods". We all know what it's like to be jealous, lonely, worried and overwhelmed. We all battle with rebellious feelings, not wanting to do what God asks of us. It's part of being human. It's part of being a woman. Isn't it nice to know you're not alone?
- New Christians Class (meets weekly) - we're studying "Foundations", a fresh innovative curricular about the essential truths of the Christian faith and how these truths are to be lived out in your relationships, your character and your work. 24 lessons on The Bible, God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Creation, Salvation, Sanctification, Good & Evil, The Afterlife, The Church and The Second Coming.
- Pilgrim's Progress (20 pages/week) - John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress is regarded as one of the greatest discipleship books ever written. It has been translated into 200 languages and has never been out of print since 1678. It's an allegory about a man named "Christian" and his journey from his hometown ("The City of Destruction") to "The Celestial City". His family and neighbors try to keep him home but eventually he flees, plugging his ears as he runs & crying out "Life! Life! Eternal Life!" It is the journey of "Everyman", the Christian's journey through life - to finally reach that place where there are "no more tears, sorrow or trouble." HEAVEN!